Infinitus Law Corporation has an established reputation in the fields of enforcement of Construction disputes, Management Corporations, Intellectual Property Rights and general litigation including complex cases involving voluminous documents. The Litigation Team of Infinitus Law Corporation is also experienced in handling Mediation and Arbitration.
The Litigation Team comprises 5 Lawyers, a Litigation Manager, 3 Legal Executives with law degrees and supporting litigation secretaries. The Team has vast experience in:
• Civil and commercial litigation, including cases involving contractual disputes, tort, building and construction claims
• Trademarks and patent infringement, passing off, breach of trade secrets and confidential information
• Management corporations
• Tenancy disputes
• Land disputes
• Anton Piller Orders / Mareva injunctions
• Partnership and joint venture disputes
• Freight-forwarding matters
• Criminal cases
• Insurance claims / Industrial and vehicular accidents
• Employment (wrongful dismissal) and restraint of trade disputes
• Workmen’s compensation
• Product liability
• Letter of credit disputes
• Family/Matrimonial matters
• Contested and uncontested probate matters
• Debt collection
Language proficiency: English, Mandarin, Malay, Tamil, Korean, and Dialects: Cantonese, Hokkien, Teochew and Hainanese.
1. Leo Cheng Suan handles civil and commercial litigation and has more than 27 years extensive experience in the law relating to management corporations and has acted for more than 200 Management Corporations, including handling more than 30 High Court cases involving claims against developers, architects and contractors for building defects. He is a Member of the Criminal Law Advisory Committee appointed by the Minister of Home Affairs under the Criminal Law (Temporary Provision) Act (Cap. 67); a Senior Teaching Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Legal Education; a member of the Inquiry Committee of the Singapore Medical Council; a Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators and on their panel of Arbitrators; a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators; a Member of the Singapore Academy of Law, Professional Development & Practice Committee; an Accredited Principal Mediator of the Singapore Mediation Centre and a panel member of the Strata Titles Board. He has been involved in cases in the Court of Appeal, High Court, State Courts, Strata Titles Board, Labour Court, Arbitration and Mediation.
2. G K Rada has practiced intellectual property law for over 30 years. He handles mainly intellectual property and civil litigation cases. He has considerable experience in patent, trademark, copyright and design infringement cases and criminal actions relating to trade mark and copyright offences. He also does criminal cases pro bono for indigent accuseds under the Law Society’s Criminal Legal Aid Scheme.
3. Teh Ee-Von has years of experience in the area of general civil litigation mainly in commercial and contract claims, matrimonial, real estate disputes, wills and probate, Strata Titles Board proceedings, landlord and tenant disputes, employment disputes, and debt recovery. She has handled litigation relating to intellectual property enforcement and intellectual property disputes and construction claims. She has assisted and conducted trials both in the Subordinate Courts as well as in the High Court and Court of Appeal, some of which have contributed towards defining a particular aspect of the law and have been reported in the Singapore Law Reports.
4. Kalaiselvi Singaram has years experience in general civil litigation (commercial and corporate litigation), family, accident and insurance claims, real estate disputes, Strata Titles Board proceedings, and intellectual property litigation, enforcement and prosecution cases for intellectual property matters. She has been involved in negotiations concerning Franchises, Distribution arrangements, Acquisitions and Investments which have culminated in the drafting of Agreements. She also advises clients on Tenancy matters and on the drafting of Tenancy Agreements as well as immigration and employment issues.
5. Ivan Ng holds a degree in Bachelor of Laws (LLB, Hons), University of Southampton, and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore. He began practice with a prestigious law firm in Singapore prior to joining Infinitus Law Corporation. Ivan focuses on commercial and civil dispute resolution. His practice includes advisory work relating to shareholders and employment disputes, contractual disputes, building and construction disputes including assisting parties in making payment claims pursuant to the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act, disputes between landlord and tenants, professional misconduct and negligence. In terms of arbitration experience, Ivan had assisted on arbitrations between international parties under the Singapore International Arbitration Centre Rules and arbitrations between parties in the building industry under the Singapore Institute of Architects Arbitration Rules.
6. Grismond Tien graduated from the University of Manchester with a Bachelor of Laws (LLB, Hons) degree in 2009 and a Master of Laws degree (LLM) in International Business Law in 2010. He was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 2012. Grismond has assisted in litigation at various levels of Singapore’s courts. He has been involved in a variety of matters including commercial and contractual disputes, building and construction disputes, defamation and criminal work.
The Litigation Department is supported by an experienced team of Paralegals, Legal Executives and Secretaries headed by a Manager.
1. Jolene Chuah, the Litigation Manager has 20 years experience in litigation work. She is well versed in civil litigation proceedings, divorce proceedings, probate and adoption applications, court procedures and documentation for High Court cases and the Court of Appeal.
2. Phoebe Teh holds a Degree in Bachelor of Laws (LLB, Hons), University of London. She assists in the preparation of documentation for High Court trials and the Court of Appeal, and preparation for getting up and for trial and has 6 years experience.
3. Carolyn Choong who has a Degree in Bachelor of Laws (LLB, Hons), joined us since 2011 and handles claims for inter alia IRAS.
4. Jessica Nam has a Degree in Bachelor of Laws (LLB, Hons) from Changchun University of Technology, China. She is fluent in Korean and Mandarin and assists our lawyers in the getting up, research and the preparation of documents for trial, some of which can run into tens of thousands of pages for the complex cases.
5. Vicky Doss has been in litigation for more than 10 years and is well versed in intellectual property proceedings.
SELECTION OF REPORTED CASES BY LAWYERS OF INFINITUS LAW CORPORATION
• Management Corporation Strata Title Plan No. 2297 v Seasons Park Ltd  SGHC 160
• Tohru Motobayashi v Official Receiver and Anor  2 SLR 171
• Strandore Invest A/S and Anor v Soh Kim Wat  SGHC 174
• Teo Kim Hui and Anor v Kwok Wai Hon  SGHC 232
• Cheng Fu Zay and Anor v Management Corporation Strata Title Plan No. 1919  3 SLR
• MEA Environment (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd v 800 Super Waste Management Pte Ltd  SGHC 157
• Perwira Affin Bank Berhad (formerly known as Perwira Habib Bank Malaysia Berhad) v Lee Hai Pey and Anor  3 SLR 218
• Nim Minimaart (a firm) v Management Corporation Strata Title Plan No. 1079  2 SLR 1
• Management Corporation Strata Title Plan No. 1375 v Han Soon Juan and Anor  SDG 102
• Management Corporation Strata Title Plan No. 2504 v Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co Ltd  3 SLR 174
• Regenthill Properties Pte Ltd v Management Corporation Strata Title Plan No. 2192  2 SLR 359
• Resource Piling Pte Ltd v Geocon Piling & Engineering Pte Ltd and Anor  SGHC 134
• Advantest Corporate Office (Singapore) Pte Ltd and Anor v SL Link Co Ltd  SGHC 75
• Kng Poey Choo (m.w.) v Ong Chong Ken Kenneth  SGDC 83
• Low Theng Gee v Public Prosecutor  3 SLR 176
• Lim Kay Lip and Anor v Lee Chee Peng and Anor  2 SLR
• Mark Wheeler v The Management Corporation Strata Title Plan No. 751  SGSTB 5
• Management Corporation Strata Title Plan No. 2504 vs Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co Ltd and KSM Engineering Pte Ltd  SGHC 63
• Relfo Limited (In Liquidation) v Bhimji Velji Jadva Varsani  SGHC 105
• Yu Peng Hsueh-Shu v Public Prosecutor  SGHC 198
• Otto Systems Singapore Pte Ltd v Greenline-Onyx Envirotech Pte Ltd  4 SLR 924
• Smile Inc Dental Surgeons Pte Ltd v Lui Andrew Stewart  SGCA 39
• Tokuhon (Private) Limited v Seow Kang Hong and Anor  SGHC 65
• Wong Kia Meng (trading as Smart Tuition Centre) v Seet Siow Luan and Ors  SGHC 112
Head of Litigation
DID: (65) 6389 9163
Fax: (65) 6224 2607
DID: (65) 6389 9169
Fax: (65) 6224 2607
DID: (65) 6389 9164
Fax: (65) 6224 2607
DID: (65) 6389 9162
Fax: (65) 6224 2607
DID: (65) 6389 9014
Fax: (65) 6224 2607